Monday, March 15, 2010

visiting friends and healing backs

I drove to L.A. yesterday after dropping Kim and Rachel off at the airport (camp ended!). One of my roommates from Purdue, Liz, still plays softball for the Boilermakers, and they played in a tournament at Cal State Long Beach (aka Long Beach State University) this weekend! Alas, they lost to Notre Dame 3-0, but I got to hang out with Liz and her family all morning/early afternoon in beauuuutiful L.A. weather. Sometimes laying around in the grass and just chatting makes me SO happy, especially when I haven't seen someone I love in a while! Plus, I forgot sunglasses, so of course I had to buy some new ones :).

That's me and Liz, Halloween 2008. You might not recognize me...



My back felt better this morning! Extension (leaning backwards) is what hurts it, and leaning back PLUS rotating hurts the most. My progress has been in the form of slowly increased range of motion with slightly less pain...and today I felt like I gained a lot in both areas!
Rehab is always your friend,
no matter how much you don't want to do it every day. Practice was great today (sprints, jumps on a slide board, and modified lifting), and I'm going for x-rays (just a test) tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment