Friday, March 30, 2012

A Recovery Day Diet

There are four different kinds of days in my typical week right now:

Monday/Thursday:
Two practices, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
Tuesday/Friday:
One practice in the morning, plus one massage in the afternoon!
Wednesday/Saturday:
Recovery workout and whatever I want!
Sunday:
Whatever I want!

I already showed you a Tuesday/Friday eating schedule, so I'd like to present the other days in the next few posts. Thanks, everyone, for the positive feedback on the nutrition posts! You'll notice that I have a sweet tooth. I do my best to keep it in check, but when people specifically request certain kinds of cupcakes and I have extras in my apartment, they get eaten. Luckily I have help. :)

Here's what I ate on Wednesday!

Breakfast:
-Smoothie! Banana, spinach, blueberries, strawberries, protein powder, and Odwalla Mango Tango juice. I drank it on the way to my appointment with Dr. Rintala! I have about an hour in the car fighting traffic when I go in the morning, and a green smoothie plus NPR helps keep me sane.

After my appointment, I headed to the Mission Beach jetty to do my recovery workout! Twelve minutes of jogging plus Korchemney (a walking mobility series), then I was off to grab lunch before walking the pups at the humane society.

Lunch:
-Subway flatbread with chicken, pepperjack cheese, spinach, avocado, green pepper, tomato, cucumber, and a tiny bit of Ranch dressing. You have to tell them to stop with the sauces, like, as they turn the bottle over your sandwich.

Snack:
-A mocha from the cafe at the humane society! I love buying stuff from there because it supports the place. I was really dragging after not eating enough in the morning and walking the adorable hounds for two hours, so I drank this on the way home.

-Cupcake when I got home. Duh.

Dinner:
-Mexican Ground Beef Quinoa Skillet! I used orange and yellow bell peppers instead of diced tomatoes, and added plain greek yogurt (which I love replacing sour cream with) and pepperjack cheese (my favorite). I highly recommend this recipe!
-Water with cranberry juice/lemon juice/dandelion root tea.

Be back soon with more food!

1 comment:

  1. Wow.... we will ABSOLUTELY have to stop @ the grocery store when you come here in June. Who knew javelin throwers lived on anything other than meat, spuds/pasta and beer?!?!?

    ReplyDelete